The AGM Proposals for the 2018/2019 season are as follows:
THESE PROPOSALS ORIGINATE FROM YOUR TEAMS AND NOT FROM LEAGUE OFFICIALS
Changes to Playing Format:
- Same Format as Summer League – 6 single legs and three Pairs
- Same Format as Summer League – 6 single legs and three Pairs but all games two legs
- Reduce to Seven a side
- Seven a side and either 2 or 3 pairs legs. Each pair to play two legs. Therefore total number of games would be either 11 or 13.
- Games to be played best of three legs
- Start time to be moved to 8pm
- Either 1 x red bull or 2 x green bulls within three darts to end the game
- Home Captain to pick the order of play for all nine legs
- Runners-up Trophies to be scrapped and monies saved to be added to prize money
- Non Profit Trophies to be retired (ie 6 a side, 5 a side). New competitions to be introduced with new trophies in memory of members of the darts league who have recently passed away.
- Away team practice rule to be enforced – can only practice on the home teams board from 8.15pm.
- Opposition players to stand behind the throwing player or out of their sight line
- Personal Hygiene issues to be addressed where appropriate
- Masters to be played as best of three legs with no wild cards. Least darts also to be recognised.
- Implementation of a fine system for non show at any round of a competition, and no contact made with opposing team. Proposed fine £10 per team, to be added to league bills.
As you can see there are a significant number of proposals this year, and I cannot stress enough how important that the vote on these proposals at the AGM reflect as many of the players views as possible. The change to playing format is a more serious consideration this year, than anytime during my 30 years in the league, as more and more teams struggle to field 9 players.
Please discuss the proposals with your captains and secretaries so they can vote on your behalf.